Monday 17 February 2014

The Lone Ranger - 2013

I enjoyed this. Sort of Pirates of the Wild West or The Mummy Goes West!!

Johnny Depp was behind and in this film - say no more. Not sure what they wanted it to be, Comedy, Spoof, Romp, Rom Com, Adventure - shame really just missed the mark. If you've seen the original TV Lone Ranger it makes sense. Arnie Hammer  is sort of like Brendan Fraser. I also kept thinking of John Reid in Whitechapel (TV). Am I confused - yes I guess so you can tell. Was I disappointed - yes it could have been a very good story, quite violent, but there was a point to it. Cowboys n Indians always were shooting each other, bodies every where. Just wish the director could make his mind up what sort of a film it was. 
I expect a Lone Ranger 2, this was just the start of his quest.
Oh and more could of been made of Silver - he was the Star!

No comments: