Thursday 11 December 2014

Letter to Simon Heffer Daily Mail.

Hello Mr Heffer,

I have so say that I largely agree with your comments about the BBC, I do like it, but I have to point out that an organisation spending £3.7billion of Taxpayers money, completely on entertainment, not accountable to anyone is a scandal in the 21st Century.

I suggest that the Government should reform the BBC by privatising it. Save the £3.7billion and spend it on something worthwhile like the NHS.

For people like us, given today’s varied media , the Licence fee is an anachronism without comparison. People should be allowed the free choice to spend their money as they wish on entertainment if that is their choice.

I have mentioned that the BBC are losing sight or their reponsibilities with inappropiate content broadcast before the watershed. Parents should be able to trust the BBC, what does the BBC trust say to that? Again Amanda Platell agrees with me and good old Julie Walters does too.

Many people without earnings choose to spend their income in strange ways, in my opinion. On the one hand the Worlds Fattest man has just died. Where did he get his money to buy all that excessive food that killed him, surely he wasn’t working as was bedridden. We are told people are starving yet these same people will not give up their Sky TV, Broadband, or mobile phones.

Amada Platell reported that a family of four with one wage earner on the Minimum wage gets a total income of £25k! I do not earn that yet my wife and I live on less than that and pay our income tax, NI, Pension, Council Tax and TV Licence. Our Choice. I would love to earn £25k but would need a salary of around £30k before I took that home.

My answer to inflated benefits – TAX IT! It is after all income. We all have our personal tax allowance designed to ensure we can earn a fair amount before paying tax, so why do these people qualify for so much tax free handouts? It just doesn’t makes sense.

Perhaps we should go back to the 1930’s at least then the poor people knew exactly what they needed to do to survive. No handouts for them. They had to make ends meet. It’s about time we ALL understood that in 21st Century Britain. Labour won’t cure the situation didn’t they get us into it in the first place?


Monty.

No comments: