Tuesday 27 January 2015

BBC standards slipping

The BBC standards are slipping.

I'm fed up with lurid news items on the 6pm news and Look North. They mention Rape/War/Sex, show bodies etc.

Yes this is WELL before the "watershed" and BBC Director Tony Hall seems to think this is OK?

I DO NOT. I have a 4 year old and would expect that the 6pm news - being before the Watershed is OK for her to see. How do you explain Rape to a 4 year old.

Yes I realise that in these days of on-line viewing, catch-up TV, YouTube etc children can access all sorts of dubious material and filth but if you leave you child in front of the TV at 5-7pm shouldn't you expect some minimum standards?

At the end of the day maybe I should not allow the NEWS to be on at all but at 6pm they should tone it down.

I have noticed that Films are shown in an afternoon that were released as PG or 15 and now in in an afternoon, 3pm or 4pm young children could be watching - surely the Board odf Film Censors has not got an expiry date after which their rating miraculously disappears and all is OK?

I do despair. After all WE OWN the BBC don't we. It is a Public service just like having your Bins emptied that we pay TAX for.

I give up - PRIVATISE THE BBC - get rid of it and save the £3billion - spend it on the NHS.

No comments: