Tuesday 14 September 2010

Benefit Cuts

Hi David

I'm old enough to remember that National Insurance was just that. You paid your "stamp" and it was an Insurance policy. That money went into a pot where if you needed help the money was there for you because you'd paid your premium's.
Anyone else remember this.
Funny, its still called National Insurance but actually its just TAX!

Should I be made redundant, get ill so I can't work and eventually I'll be old and retire - then I'll be able to get my "Benefits" - that I've PAID for.
Understand David?
No I don't think everyone should get them automatically but folk like us who have worked hard most of their lives, paid tax and NI and generally cost the State nothing, just paid IN.
Just wanted to clear this up David oh, and nick.

No comments: