Saturday 13 November 2010

Tax Man

Got my Tax return done for 2009/10.
Done online - great!
Unfortunately I owe him another £12.50 - wow!!
Does seem petty but hey ho - I suppose that's what its all about isn't it.
Facing possible redundancy at the moment. So then if it happens I'll join the great legions of the "scroungers" won't I. Won't be paying Income Tax any more unless I get another job. At my age and living here in East Lincolnshire - what are the chances?

I'd like to ask the Chancellor this question.

National Insurance, they take another 11% of my wages in NI, even on my Mileage claims for using my car to get around for work purposes. (the pittance that pays doesn't really cover the cost of running a motor car) but so, I ask "Insurance" most times the idea is to pay out when you make a claim. Agree? in the Case of NI I expect it to pay out when I need it like when I've lost my job so maybe it should be related to previous income? But now they see it as scrounging and don't want to pay anything. Excuse me Chancellor but I've paid my taxes and NI for the last 25years, so if I lose my job, don't I deserve to get something back?

No comments: