Sunday 24 March 2013

Monty goes Smart!


So I’ve succumbed to the 21st Century craze of a “Smart Phone”

Mainly because it’s a good deal. Not that I particularly have an axe to grind. Just wanted to pass on the good news. This is advice for you to consider but as always its “horses for courses”. Everyone is different so you choose.

In my case I’ve had an O2 phone, pay-as-you go for years. I’m not into gadgets just need a phone for the odd call/emergency odd texts (mainly to./from my wife).

I reckon I put £10 every couple of months. I get free texts for a month then that’s it 12p a TEXT! After that.

I’ve got Broadband/home phone with TalkTalk and they came up with this offer on a Mobile for a £5 a month.

It gives me a new Samsung handset, free calls to my Home Phone number and texts, plus 2mb data., per month

Fee family calls (to home and anyone else on my “Family” plan
100 mins talk
250texts
200mb data
Free voicemail

Also its android, 2.3 gingerbread and I can setup my Gmail account etc. – all good stuff to be using now.

Latest - just downloaded my first App.


Allows messaging between you and friends, avoiding your text limit (I think). Free  for a year. Still only a couple of quid after - still cheaper than texts.

Damn the keyboard. I've sent some right drivel. The letters are too small for my fingers. I get the wrolng letters and then it makes up some horrendous words. Good job my friends understand. Heterosexual for "here"!
Maybe I'll get better?

No comments: