Monday 15 April 2013

Benefits Cap? too right

Its this "something for nothing" society we are breeding that gets me. What right have people to think that they can "claim" everything in their benefits?

Right, we are a rich society and I believe we must look after the unfortunate, vulnerable and disadvantaged/disabled in our society. This does NOT give everyone the right to have their whole living allowances paid by the benefits system, there has to be a limit.

Mr Miliband is wrong when he says that Benefits must take into account where you live. Yes it is more expensive to live in the South than the North but generally wages are higher in the South. Does that mean benefits must be hoigher in the Southh than the North - well upto a point.

If I chose to move down south I would choose to live somewhere I could afford. If I was on benefits I would expect my benefits to cover my housing costs too? NO. If you do that then effectively the unemployed have a right to FREE housing whatever the cast and their circumstances.

No, No, No.

If you can't afford to live there on your Benefits then move - up North if necessary. Surely its the same being unemployed in Wakefiled as it is in Wandsworth, but houses are cheaper.

No comments: