Monday 7 January 2013

Not all kids have Computers

You may know I'm passionate about education. It makes me angry when it is taken for granted that all kids have a computer and Broadband access. They don't.

Besides I know that most kids do their homework by Google, copy, and paste!
Do they learn anything? yes, how to search.

What happened to Books?

My teacher wife knows a plagurised piece of work and it goes in the bin!

So sometimes the kid with NO internet gets the best marks and has learned something.

This school in Bolton has given ALL its 800 pupils iPADs. WOW - £500 each - where has that money come from? There are schools where they are short of books and the roof still leaks - this is not just sour grapes. Lets have iPADs for all.

I bet many get "lost" or broken? Then what do they do?

Same old story the rich get richer and the dregs get trampled on. But Bolton isn't Hampshire so how are they doing it?


No comments: