Monday 11 September 2017

Cumbria Crime Commisioner cracking down on Cyber Crime

Reportedly Cyber Criminals are getting into your living room so Cumbria's Police Crime Commissioner is doubling his Cyber Crime budget. good but last year when I reported two attack s of Ransomware on my school last year, all they could do was give me a crime number. Even though I had plenty of evidence to add, not interested. It's only by collecting intelligence and working with our European crime agencies can we tackle the criminals behind it. Remember their attacks over the internet can strike thousands but it only takes a fraction to succumb for it to be worthwhile.
They want you to pay a ransom in Bitcoins, you have to contact them. The website's used were traceable and identifiable. They have to be registered somewhere with IP addresses. They are allocated to countries/organisations, they can be traced. I know they NAT them and use proxies but in my book anyone translating these addresses should be shut down. They'd soon stop allowing it. They need the legitimate business. If they don't block their countries. They'd soon find them and lock them up. Easy.

No comments: