Tuesday 13 November 2012

Osborne to scrap fuel duty rise?

Here we go again - Fuel Duty to rise? - lets face it we all know the oil is running out. We're killing the planet burning it but like any addict we can't stop.

Is the Government wrong  We say "it won't make any difference, I'll keep my car going and my bit won't matter." Well I suppose it does.

Now another thing - suppose we all switch to electric cars, what will the Government do then? All that duty lost. We're not buying any petrol or diesel.

WRONG - they'll make it up. Road tax on electric cars is going to rise, then they'll charge us by the mile to use the roads. Its a WIN WIN for the Government.

Just Grit your teeth and pay, or don't travel, live near your work. It used to be like that, I'm just old enough to remember.

No comments: