Monday 29 July 2013

Lioncolnshire closing Libraries

So Lincolnshire is to close many Libraries to save money. People cry "No!"

But really who uses the Libraries any more? They are very poor have you been to one lately?

Sutton on -sea or Mablethorpe - where are all the books.

Mostly you have to order books that don't even come to Sutton - you have to go to Skegness to get them.

Then the "Consultation" they had it in Louth - when most resident s are in Sutton/Trusthorpe etc. 

How do you get to Louth for a consultation? No Late buses or use your car 30mile round trip, 1 hour travelling. They said it was to accommodate the numbers. What about the  Dunes or the Church halls they can get 60/70 in.

County Council not really trying as usual - a done deed I say. As usual Ignore the coastal communities, Lincoln's alright!

Anyway I agree. Close the Library - its not open when I can get as I work all week.

What I want is on-line if I want. Download from Amazon to my kindle etc. 

Why can't the Libraries be a "Download service"? Books subsidised on a 1 month expiry time - they self destrct after 1 month - it can be done.

No comments: