Monday 31 March 2014

The Rape of Savers

Bank Interest rate has stood at 0.5% for 5 years. in 2008 the Government gave £40billion of our money to the Banks to stay alive.

Yet here we are as poor as ever and Bankers still get Million pound bonuses courtesy of you and me.

In 2005 I thought I was at that time of life to pay my mortgage off and live with a nice nest egg earning some interest. Not any more. We've not had a payrise for 5 years and nil interest has decimated our ideas. Wish I'd kept the mortgage and spent it. Now we've spent it anyway - no point saving.

What should happen is the Government should help out savers and increase savings rates then they can spend that money and reduce taxes etc. That's how it used to be. We all know to borrow to the hilt got us in this mess but its getting worse.

I despair.

No comments: