Sunday 20 November 2011

Benefit receivers get 5% payrise

So the folk on Benefits get a 5% payrise.
I know most on benefits are not "well off" but let me say some of us working are feeling the pinch! I have not had a payrise for 2 years and don't expect one next year. I am on below average earnings, yet I pay Tax and NI to support those on benefits.

If I was on say £60k I might feel differently. So just think, on Benefits all income free of tax, just think what they'd need to earn before deductions to be as well off?

I think its about time benefits were taxable income. So then those who get vast amounts would feel the pinch like you and me.
Let me equally advocate though that the Chancellor should let you "average" your Tax allowances over say 3 years. That way any unused Tax allowance could be used when you start earning and thus you'd be much better off working. Earning and not paying tax to start off with. Also where is this Marrieds Persons allowance Dave promised. If 2 share an income they should be able to share their tax allowances.

No comments: